Ubuntu is one of the best operating systems that is mostly used by professional developers. It is the most secure Linux distribution and provides great protection while you are connected to the internet. But, it is not free from the exploits of cyber criminals and cyber threats. So, you need the best VPN software for Ubuntu that gives you top-notch security to your devices.
Although there are various VPNs available in the market, it is quite difficult for you to choose among them. In this article, we will provide you with the best Ubuntu VPN that works perfectly.
5 VPN For Ubuntu (Paid Ubuntu VPN)
To help you secure your connection when accessing the internet from Ubuntu, we have shortlisted the top 5 best VPN software for Ubuntu services currently available. All of these VPNs make command-line apps for Ubuntu, which come with all servers configured and are easy to use with amazing security updates and the latest features. Unlike other operating systems, however, there’s no graphical user interface (GUI), so the apps can be controlled via the Ubuntu terminal.
Top 5 Best VPN Software for Ubuntu are mention below:
NordVPN – #1 VPN Software For Ubuntu
NordVPN is one of the best VPN service providers for Ubuntu with its unique features. It protects your online activities and keeps your browsing safe. This VPN has 256-bit encryption that secures your internet connection and you can download files privately and securely. You can connect up to 6 devices at the same time and also provide you with a 30-day money-back guarantee. You need to download VPN for Ubuntu and use its high-quality features. These features you will get with the best VPN for Ubuntu to keep your browsing safe and secure.
Features Of NordVPN
- Secure Internet
- Fastest VPN
- Strict No-log Policy
- Unblocks geo-restricted contents
- Mask IP address
- Blocks ads and malware
- Easy and safe to use
- Kill Switch
- Support 24/7
Surfshark – Reliable Ubuntu VPN
Surfshark VPN is the most secure VPN for Ubuntu at an affordable price with the best features. You can connect to unlimited devices with all your family members simultaneously and provide great security to all the devices. This VPN has access to unblocking all the geo-restricted content such as Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+, and more. In case you are not satisfied with Surfshark VPN services, then you can refund your money as it provides a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Features Of Surfshark
- Private DNS and Leak protection
- Provides AES 256 GCM Encryption
- Secure Protocols such as IKEv2/IPsec
- Hides the IP address
- Encrypt internet activity
- Kill Switch
- Strict No-logs policy
ExpressVPN – Trustworthy Ubuntu VPN Service
Express VPN is one of the top recommendations for Ubuntu with its robust privacy features. It is the best VPN client for Ubuntu and you can download VPN for Ubuntu on your device. If you worry about security, the VPN helps in securing Ubuntu to stay safe online by making the IP address. This VPN offers excellent service quality, fast speed, and strong protection by strictly prohibited logging into your privacy.
Features Of Express VPN
- 160 Server locations
- Access geo-restricted contents
- Mask IP address
- Browse more anonymously
- 24/7 live chat support system
- Kill Switch
- No-log policy
Cyberghost VPN – Fastest VPN Software For Ubuntu
Cyberghost is the most trusted VPN and easy to run and reliable service to its users. It is the best VPN software for Ubuntu with top-notch features. Cyberghost VPN provides strong encryption and leak protection, so the hackers will not be able to enter your privacy. You can select any server which helps in unblocking all the geo-restricted websites, contents.
Features Of Cyberghost VPN
- Reliable and secure VPN
- Unlimited Bandwidth and high-quality servers
- Automatic Kill Switch
- Fastest VPN
- Provides AES-256 Encryption
- Bypass geo-restricted contents, websites
- 24/7 live Customer Support service
- 45-day money-back guarantee
Proton VPN – Free VPN For Ubuntu
Proton VPN provides excellent support for Linux and the best free VPN for Linux and Ubuntu. This VPN access to secure public Wi-fi and torrenting while connected to the internet. It uses military-grade encryption for online security and privacy. It also provides protocols that help in keeping your browsing safe and protects you from the eyes of cybercriminals.
Features of Proton VPN
- High-speed connections
- Strong AES-256 Encryption
- Protocols such as OpenVPN, IKEv2, and Wireguard
- Strict no-log policy
- Kill Switch
- Access to unblocking geo-restricted contents
- Browse the web securely
Best Free VPN Software For Ubuntu
If you are a beginner and you are a little confused about which VPN service you should buy for Ubuntu then we have outlined some best free VPN software for Ubuntu with the features.
Windscribe – Free Ubuntu VPN
Windscribe is one of the best free Ubuntu VPNs that have available 10 servers in 10 countries. It has features such as a kill switch, a strict no-log policy, AES-256 bit encryption, and can connect to unlimited servers simultaneously. Windscribe also provides 10GB per month bandwidth.
TunnelBear – VPN Free For Ubuntu
Tunnelbear is a user-friendly VPN for Ubuntu that offers servers in 23 countries. It also has protocols that help in protecting your information from leaking. This VPN provides military-grade encryption, a large server network, 500MB per month bandwidth, and a zero-log policy.
Hide. Me VPN Software For Ubuntu
This is the best free VPN software for Ubuntu and servers in 5 countries. Hide.me provides AES-256 encryption that makes your data safe and protected.
What Are The Problems Faced With Free Ubuntu VPNs?
There are many problems you will get when you buy a free Ubuntu VPN. These VPNs provide a low level of security and a limited number of servers. Sometimes, the company logs into the privacy of users collect information and sell it to a third party. So, it is unsafe to use a free VPN on Ubuntu as it lacks a no-log policy.
Therefore, we are recommending you to not buy a free VPN as they do not offer the features that they have mentioned. Hackers can easily steal your data and misuse them. The main function of a VPN is to provide security and if it lacks that then why should we buy free VPNs.
It is better to buy paid VPN services as they have excellent features. You can buy a premium VPN with the use of our VPN coupon codes at an affordable price.
How To Choose The Best VPN Provider For Ubuntu?
Before purchasing a VPN, you should look at the below features to choose the best free VPN on Ubuntu.
- Security & Privacy: You should buy a VPN that offers 256-bit encryption, it is the most powerful security. But if you are buying a free VPN, you should definitely not opt for lower than 128-bit encryption.
- No-Log Policy: Check a feature of no-log as it shields your internet traffic and nobody will no longer see your online activities.
- Speed: All the above VPNs have high speed, so you can select any of them. But if we talk about free VPNs, there is a chance of slower speed. It can become a hindrance in torrenting the files and documents.
- Bypass Geo-restricted contents: Check whether these VPNs are able to unblock geo-restricted contents or websites such as Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, etc.
- Customer Support: You should see if the customer support system is available or not. We have mentioned VPNs, all of them have a 24/7 live chat support system.
What Is The Difference Between Linux And Ubuntu?
Linux is the most popular operating system and is a free and open-source operating system. On the other hand, Ubuntu is the distribution of Linux. It is the most simple and easy-to-use Linux distribution.
Linux is used for personal computers, desktops, servers, game consoles, and embedded systems while Ubuntu is used for personal computers, IoT, cloud computing, and servers.
How To Use VPN On Ubuntu?
Simply, you need to download VPN for Ubuntu on your device and follow the below steps. It will help you to run a VPN on Ubuntu. With these easiest steps, you can easily set up a VPN connection on Ubuntu. The steps are:
- Just open the Activities overview and type Network.
- Open the panel and tap on the Network.
- To add a new connection, click on the + button i.e on the left at the bottom of the list.
- Select VPN in the interface list.
- Choose the VPN connection.
- Enter all the VPN connection details, then press Add once you are done with the above steps.
- After setting up the VPN, you can see the system menu on the right side of the top bar, and open it.
- Click VPN off and select Connect. You may need to enter a password for the connection before it is established. After the connection setup, you can see a lock-shaped icon in the top bar.
We have outlined some of the best VPN software for Ubuntu with the best features. If you have a high budget and want a high level of security and privacy, then you can buy the best VPN for Ubuntu from the above-mentioned list. These VPNs offer strong encryption and protocols, so nobody can log in to your privacy. Along with this, there are free VPNs available for beginners. According to our point of view, you should take premium services for Ubuntu VPN to get fast speed, strong encryption, no-log policy, accessing geo-restricted contents, and more.
Which Is Best For Ubuntu VPN?
We have mentioned above all the best VPN for Ubuntu with excellent features. You simply need to download VPN for Ubuntu, so you can get heavy-discounted prices on the best deals provided by the company.
Is There A Free VPN For Ubuntu?
Cyberghost is the best free VPN for Ubuntu that provides a free VPN service with high-quality features. You can read above the best services of VPN offered by the company.
Does ExpressVPN Work On Ubuntu?
Yes, ExpressVPN works in Ubuntu. It protects your online activities with AES-256 bit encryption. It is one of the best VPN software for Ubuntu that can be manually configured.